A courtesan or high-end escort is a professional companion who caters for refined gentlemen, seeking far more than a pretty face or someone to bed . Choosing to become an escort is something that requires a lot of thought and preparation. Once you’ve decided this is something you’d like to do, the process of actually becoming an escort can seem pretty daunting.
As with most new business ventures, you may have to be in this for a while before you really start to make good money with it. Many people assume becoming an escort is an easy way to make fast money – but it can be a process to get started and finding clients (even through an agency) can take time.
Not only that, but escorts need to be good at what they do. A companion or escort needs to excel at morphing into whatever the client needs them to be, whether it be a one-off date to an event or someone with whom they can create a deeper, more intimate bond with over several sessions.
While on the fringe of the ‘adult industry’ as it were, the elite courtesan and travel companion is not promoted via tasteless and demeaning photos of herself in various states of undress, or marketing of her physical attributes only.
She is promoted to the gentlemen seeking a ‘real woman’, a fresh and authentic young lady for whom escorting is not her full-time career.
She is a true companion, providing emotional intimacy, mental stimulation, and psychological support. Sure, she looks great in a bikini, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg. She will not be pigeon-holed as a sex-object, nor spend time with those who regard her as such.
A high class escort model creates a very deep and special connection with her gentleman friends, as opposed to providing a ‘service’ and promptly forgetting him as she moves on to the next. She meets fewer callers on a higher level, to retain her exclusivity and freshness.
Which is exactly what these gentlemen seek and pay for. She is an authentic person, not a ‘worker’. And she only meets with equally sophisticated gentlemen, so as to expose herself exclusively to tasteful, mutually loving engagements. She is not a red-light girl, a prostitute or a blow-up doll.
At the higher end of the industry, there are of course some conditions, as well as actions you need to take. Not every woman is suited to the elite world, and not every woman has what it takes to be an elite companion or travel escort.
Escorting vs Prostitution – what’s the difference?
An escort can also offer sexual activity as part of their various services or packages, but not always. Most of the time, an escort’s packages will include things more along the lines of intimacy, closeness, connection, friendship, etc. Really, you’re selling your time and your bond with the client, as an escort. When there is an exchange of sex in these services, it opens the escort up to prostitution charges if prostitution isn’t legal in their area.
Is prostitution illegal?
In many places, yes, prostitution is illegal – like in much of the United States, for example. However, in some places (like the Netherlands, Brazil, Denmark, Ecuador, Germany, Austria, etc) prostitution is legal and often even regulated in some way.
In order to find out if prostitution is legal in your area, you may need to do some research.
Is being an escort illegal?
This is a loaded question because it all comes down to how your country/state defines an escort. In California, for example, under law, an escort is different from a prostitute. An escort agrees to accompany a client to a social event or provide entertainment in exchange for money. This is considered a service.
However, if that escort agrees to sexual conduct as part of those services, this could be considered prostitution and they could be charged with prostitution.
Incall vs Outcall Escorts – what is the difference ?
Incall escorting is when the escort receives clients who come to them. This can mean that the client comes to either the escort company or the escort’s home to receive services.
Outcall escorting is when the escort goes to wherever the client is. This would have the escort meeting the client in their home or where they choose.
Which should I choose? Well, that’s up to you. Some escorts prefer one of the other, only offering one type of service, whereas others like to be flexible and do both.
There can be pros and cons to each. For example, with incall escorting, your clients may come to your home or agency and some people wish for more privacy than that. Whereas outcall escorting, you’re forced to go to someone else’s home or a hotel room which can make some people feel uncomfortable. Ultimately, you will need to decide for yourself what you are most comfortable doing.
1. Read through this guide on what it takes to be an elite companion escort.
2. Take the steps required to accomplish yourself to that level if required.
3. Decide whether you wish to work independently or with an agency.
4. Set up a website/ or research to find an acceptable agency with whom to work.
5. Make a plan for all the money you are going to make and save. Don’t waste it by living the high life. Be smart.
Things You Need To Have To Qualify as an Elite Escort
1. Overall Look – First and foremost, obviously this is an industry based on image, much like the modeling industry. You need to be fresh-faced, classically beautiful, with a flawless complexion and pleasant features.
And much like a model, you need to be a ‘blank canvas’, to be able to cater the client’s preferences to some degree. Tattoos are prohibited (if you want to cater for truly high end callers), and your hairstyle needs to be mainstream and suited to you.
Lavender or pink hair is all well and good in your own life, but not for work. 😉 So facially and surface-image wise, you need to be a classic beauty. If you would not be hired by a commercial model agency, and have not been told ‘you’re so beautiful’ all your life, then you may not be suited to a courtesanship.
While conservative cosmetic surgery can change that, too much work can ruin your look, so any over-done work, fillers, botox etc. need to be avoided. Natural beauty is imperative.
2. Physique & Lifestyle – Continuing on from the first point, you need to be physically exceptional. This is not to say there is any one type of shape or height that works, but that whatever your shape or height, you need to be in phenomenal physical condition.
Whether you have an hourglass shape, or a supermodel stature, or the androgynous look of a ballerina – you need to be exceptionally fit. You are working at an elite level – like a top model, an elite athlete or an accomplished actress.
You need to be eating very, very carefully, (not restricting calories, eating lots of good real food: fruits, veges and salads) – and working out religiously every day (not crazily, just consistently.) There is no place for eating disorders, a lazy lifestyle, a nonchalant approach to your health, regular ‘partying’, or fluctuating body size. You are exceptional, you are a queen. Attend to yourself as such.
You must behave and take care of yourself like you’re of value. Because you are. There’s only one if You, and that’s pretty rare and special. Again, some minor surgery to smooth some little bumps or balance things aesthetically can assist if done conservatively. This is a personal choice, but should definitely not be over-done. An out-of-proportion bust, over-pouted lips, frozen features or scars from surgery are unacceptable.
3. Education – There are two different types of education. While traditional schooling education, in general, is seen as rather bourgeois by the elite set, it is still something bowed to and considered a standard requirement, to prove one’s ability to commit to and achieve something in youth.
While one is not supposed to allow one’s free mind and spirit to be re-shaped and boxed into the ‘university’ way of thinking, one is expected be able to show the ability to follow convention and spit out results that fit into the cookie-cutter expectations of the system.
And then we have the more organic education of life – music, opera, theater, art, travel, conversation, interaction with other cultures etc. There is no university that can teach the soul to feel the passion evoked by Mozart. No college can teach the compassion and empathy that Botticelli inspires.
No traditional schooling can create the height of emotion conjured by an opera or the excitement of being in a new city or location for the first time. A combination of these is required in a good companion. This requires a certain type of upbringing, to be exposed to this level of culture.
4. Breeding and Personality – While the two don’t always go hand-in-hand, for a deluxe gfe escort, they must. Your background needs to include a ‘normal’ (i.e. mainstream, healthy) upbringing, sans drug or alcohol problems, abuse, poverty, etc – Not that any of these are anyone’s fault by any means, but this exposes one to an unhealthy environment that rarely leads to healthy behavior.
One needs to have been brought up with a decent amount of protection, care, and a peaceful calm environment, with proper hygiene, manners and housing. One also needs to have been afforded the freedom to be oneself. Thus developing one’s natural personality, unmarred by oppression or duress. A light-hearted, tolerant, and curious nature is most successful in the elite companion arena.
She is kind, gracious and dignified, even in unfortunate situations. She doesn’t speak unless it’s to say something beautiful wherever possible. Open minded and amicable personalities do best, where one is friendly with everyone, and easily strikes up interesting conversations with new people. Deportment is obviously a given; if she doesn’t know how to walk, sit, eat and conduct herself elegantly and properly, without airs and graces, she is not yet suited to be labeled ‘elite’.
An empathy and compassion for fellow human beings is a must, in order to be able to attend to someone in this capacity, to create the required connection. Natural intelligence obviously goes without saying; possessed as an innate talent, as well as having been developed through excellent education, mentioned above. If you expect to walk into the date in designer clothing, have a lovely chat, give the gentleman a wonderful massage, lay down to have sex, then leave, you have entirely missed the point of the elite courtesan world.
5. Talent – There’s no point having a great look and all this knowledge and personality, with no real talent or form of expression… You’d simply be a lovely, live ornament. A confident and accomplished courtesan is also well versed in some areas of sports and expression – the more the better. In Victorian times, a proper lady was not ‘marriage material’ or even courtesan material until she had mastered a list of things every ‘proper woman’ could do.
This is not about making herself ‘worth’ anything – she is already enough. It is about investing in herself to add to her value. Obviously a woman with abilities is far more helpful and fascinating than one who requires being waited on constantly.
Whether equestrian skills, skiing, tennis, playing a musical instrument, singing, dance talents, home decor, admin skills, cooking, an immense knowledge and experience in a particular area, an extensive knowledge of wines and spirits – the list is endless.
An elite escort brings all this to her dates, and provides whatever is required to participate in her gentleman’s preferences. She is able to discuss his work and ideas for the future, and give genuine, intelligent feedback and advice during conversations. She knows when to be humorous and flirtatious, and when to be serious and understanding. She listens more than she speaks.
She is able to perform at any event, function or situation he may require her to attend. She doesn’t need to know EVERYTHING – nothing is more engaging for a man than to be able to teach his paramour something. The ‘little damsel’ fantasy that most men are biologically attracted to. However, she needs to have basic knowledge, and be a quick learner.
A lot of general knowledge and some specialty talents is a perfect balance. And if you are going to be intimate with anyone in your life, a date through the agency or in your own life, make it your business to be phenomenal. Research, practice techniques and be memorable, not a cold fish!
6. Style – This is an important point, especially in today’s societal climate… Showing one’s shape is appealing. Showing flesh is common, trashy and unacceptable in high society. That’s just a fact. Outside of a swimming pool or purpose photo shoot, her image is protected. The courtesan wears a very understated, classic style – and she wears it well. Her aim is to be unobtrusive; elegant and understated, but never ever showy or ‘noticeable’ for the wrong reasons.
She favors neutral and tasteful colors. She favors fitted pencil skirts worn below the knee, appropriate elegant footwear, jackets tailored to fit close at the waist, and scarves to protect her décolletage from environmental damage, and from prying eyes! (Other than those of her chosen lovers or paying clientele.)
This woman is exceptionally selective for herself, though always polite and gracious, careful nit to offend anyone. Her self-respect does not compel her to seek validation by splashing her ‘wares’ to all and sundry. She knows she is a special woman, a queen, an exceptional individual inside and out.
She protects herself appropriately, and presents herself in tasteful, appropriate fashions. Rather than wearing ‘the latest trends’, or flashy, gaudy outfits, she wears what is suited to her shape and her elegant style. Nightclub or ‘bodycon’ dresses are never, ever acceptable. Teetering on massive platform shoes, or oddly designed shoes is not exactly understated or classic. Large jangly jewelry, heavy perfume, heavy make up and very low-cut tops are never seen on a truly elite woman.
7. Reliability and Integrity – If you aren’t able to do what you say, be where you say and deliver what you say, you are not suited to be an elite escort. You cannot make dates and not turn up. You cannot allow an agency to promote you then not be available.
Wasting peoples’ time is extremely unprofessional and disrespectful. If you expect to be considered elite, promptness and trustworthiness are basic requirements of professionalism.
A quality woman honors her word, and a courtesan is nothing if not completely honest, authentic and honorable when it comes to her reputation. She is the quintessential ‘cortigiana onesta‘ (the honest courtesan).
Things To Do To Facilitate a High End Escort Career
- If you don’t have this privileged breeding and upbringing, at least attend deportment classes at a classic deportment school, established at least 50 years or more. Include elocution lessons – even if you feel you speak well, the concurrence that you speak beautifully from a professional orator is always a lovely confirmation!
- Go to see an image consultant to confirm your look and style is that of an elegant, well bred women. Get a second opinion…
- Have your hair and makeup done professionally – watch the makeup artist, and take classes on how to apply tasteful, elegant makeup. Not glamor makeup, but proper, natural looking, fresh-faced makeup. Anything you apply to yourself should always look like it is naturally yours. As such, massive long eyelashes are out of the question. However, tasteful eyelash extensions that look entirely natural can be acceptable. You need to look as good without make up as you do with makeup – so make sure your skin is immaculate underneath. (A very clean, plant-based diet and loads of water!)
- Take some classes in horse riding, tennis, skiing, swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving. Take up an art, learn a language. Learn to play piano or flute, cello or clarinet. Take a class or 12 on wine appreciation. Take a class on art history. Know something about classical music – who is your favorite composer? Why? What are his origins? How often do you actually listen to his pieces? Can you recognize which composer has composed a piece of music, if played to you..? Is it Verdi, Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Chopin, Mahler..? Were these artists all composing in the same era? Which ones lent their music to operas? What is the proper name for a song sung in an opera? – These are all basics you should know. Which is your favorite opera? Do you even really like opera? One generally loves it or doesn’t. How about ballet? Do you know the famous historical Prima Donnas? Do you have a favorite Ballet performance? Invest in yourself and in your cultural and historical knowledge. You cannot cater to gentlemen of this caliber without some exposure to and knowledge of high society.
If your cultural knowledge extends to the latest reality shows and the latest celebrity gossip only, then you are far away from being able to perform at an elite courtesan escort capacity.
Once you have bought yourself to an appropriate level of refinement, (and can hopefully pronounce it all in French or Italian lol!), now it’s time to decide whether you wish to work as an independent courtesan for yourself, or to work with an appropriate and professional high class escort agency. Herein can lies the difficulty. There are many pitfalls in both. But played properly, you can succeed in either:
1. Independent– You are able to set your own hours, your own fee, and select your own clients directly. However, you have a lot of expense in setting up a professional image with a website and continued advertising. There is no security behind you, you will attract a ridiculous amount of cheap, time-wasting idiots, and negotiating fees can be extremely demeaning.
Screening and going through all the sometimes distasteful inquiries can sometimes remove the lovely fresh innocence and femininity that a women has when she is kept exclusive to lovely gentlemen. However, you do have absolute control of your career with nobody to answer to. And if you’re a ‘tough’ type already, then you won’t be affected, and would be less successful in a selective agency. Keep in mind also that many agencies will not work with ladies who have worked independently in the past, depending in which country you operate.
2. Agency – You have instant professional promotion and expensive marketing to benefit from – assuming they understand the concept of the courtesan. You can usually set our own fee to some degree, as long as the agency is agreeable. A good agency will allow you to select your clients also. Any escort agency forcing you to meet people you don’t want to meet is and agency to steer clear of.
You have good security behind you with a quality agency, and all the screening is done professionally by the agency. You never have to see all the disgusting inquiries they filter out for you. A quality escort agency, somewhere really high end like Mynt Models®, will afford you some level of control over your promotion and image, and will offer full training for new people.
But they will need to know your availability in order to properly promote you. Although, if you can’t be reliable enough to work with an agent, you might not be at the courtesan level anyway. Even as an independent, you need to be extremely organized, prompt and reliable.
If you do decide to work with an agency, then you have the tedious task of sifting through the many thousands of websites set up by people trying to make money at all costs, and find the few quality, established organizations who exist solely to bring quality people together. The former will behave with underhanded practices, lie to clients, demand you meet people and do things you don’t want to, and potentially even refuse to pay you (for good honest work you have completed without complaints!) Try to avoid these, obviously… You want a professional agency operated by decent people. Not always easy to find.
To find these agencies, do some thorough research. Once you’ve made a short list, the only way to truly test an agency is to work with them. See where they send you, how they treat you, what happens when it’s time to be paid. Don’t base your choice on how ‘busy’ you are. Being sent anywhere and everywhere is not a sign of success…
The only way for an agency-staff situation to work is for both parties to be honest, transparent and respectful with mutual care for your safety, and the happiness of both yourself and the client. If either the agency or the companion is deceitful or untrue, there is no way to continue the beneficial arrangement comfortably.
There are many more points to consider, but we’ll leave some of the discoveries to your own opinion and experience. 🙂 As long as you steer clear of agencies expecting you to be involved in taking, selling or transporting drugs, or those whose management wishes to ‘try you’ first (!!), or those who put pressure on you to meet with someone or do anything you don’t feel comfortable doing, then you may be okay.
Be very careful, because a lot of agencies are set up by ex-clients or ex-working girls, trying to make money. They are not professional business people, and they don’t always do what they are promising… Your life is in their hands, so be very careful. Don’t be fooled by big promises and flash.
Find out the fundamentals like how they screen their clients. For eg., many agencies take their clients through a particular screening software or consultation, which is what most professional organizations will do. Find out what their cut off points are (why they would turn down a client, if at all).
Find out whether they are on the side of the models, the clients, or an equal balance of both. If there is a problem like you’re lost, do they help you or leave you to figure it out? Find out how long it takes to be paid for credit card appointments. Do they offer any training or any transparency on how their organization operates?
Be smart. An intelligent girl like you should be able to sniff out a quality agency, and enjoy a fun, luxurious and tasteful career – assuming you can bring equal quality to the table.